It's been a busy couple of weeks with some significant changes.
First of all: the weekend after Thanksgiving, I moved! Not far... not even off the property actually, but I moved from the house where I had been staying for my first 2 months here, into the smaller house/apartment about 20 feet behind it. This is where I'll be living until I leave Cote d'Ivoire in June, and it's nice to be able to really get comfortable and make it my own.
![]() |
| Chez Moi (see pictures of the inside of the house on my Facebook) |
We have a new teammate! Jordan Woodard arrived in country last Tuesday, December 6th. While he's in country, Jordan's main task is to create a comprehensive database for the clinic to keep track of all the patients. This will be a HUGE blessing. Hopefully the data collected will help the clinic staff to continually be improving the (already very high quality) care that they're providing for this community.
My schedule has also changed, as my main focus is shifting from primarily learning French, to devoting more time and energy into the ministry. The details of my new schedule are still being worked out, but basically, while I will continue having some times that are dedicated to practicing the language, mostly I will be working with the mission in hands-on, tangible ways. Most of my time will be spent working with the staff of Coeur Ouvert, the child sponsorship program that provides for over 100 local kids. I'll be doing some administrative tasks in the office (keeping updated information of all the children, helping to plan/organize for special events, etc.), and I'll also be able to visit the children and their families in their homes, and do some teaching on various Community Health Evangelism (CHE) topics. I've also been able to join in on once-a-week meetings with some of the church leaders, talking about disciple-making movements (we're currently reading through and discussing The Master Plan of Evangelism by Robert E. Coleman).
Sometimes change is hard, but these changes are exciting, as they are proof that big things are happening!

No comments:
Post a Comment